Baron Hill, Beaumaris, Anglesey
Commissioned by the Bulkeley family, the building of Baron Hill began in 1612, but was not finished, until the house we see today – enclosing the original Jacobean works – was constructed in 1776-9. Gradual decline was accelerated when Polish troops were stationed there during World War II. In 2007 our client began negotiations with the owner Sir Richard Bulkeley, to look at renovating the house, stables and outbuildings for residential use.
A scheme has been devised that is awaiting planning approval and listed building consent.